Get Fit For Cross Country
Cross Country is at the end of Week 2 next term so we will be running every afternoon for the first 2 weeks!
Make sure you go for a few runs during the holidays. It's a good thing to do as a family.
If you don't do much running here's a few tips to get you started:
- interval training is a fast way to get you fit.
- jog lightly to warm up for 2 mins then walk 1 minute. Repeat the intervals 2-3 times (run 2 mins, walk 1 min). Don't forget to stretch your calves,quads and hamstrings during the workout.
- If you live in town you can use the lamp posts to mark out distances, e.g. run to one then walk to the next.
- Gradually increase the amount of time you run for and reduce the walk time so you are eventually running for 15 -20mins.
- keep hydrated and stretch your muscles after they are warmed up.
- have fun.